Create.

April 29, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesTeena Marie's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

Saint George,UT,USA

Dec 23, 2009

Female

Goal Type:

Other

Running Accomplishments:

Mount Charleston Marathon 2016 - 3:17:51

Snow Canyon Half 2012 - 1:33:30

Spectrum 10K 2012 - 43:41 

Short-Term Running Goals:

Run a destination marathon. 

Complete a half Ironman.

Long-Term Running Goals:

Know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

Know when to run....

Personal:

Surrounded by the people I love. Life is good.

Passionate about my family, the University of Utah -- GO UTES, almond M&Ms, mountain biking, comfy t-shirts, Survivor, friends, and (of course) running.

Physical therapist at The Health and Performance Center at Dixie Regional Medical Center. I LOVE what I do. Seriously, living the dream!

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Easy MilesMarathon Pace MilesThreshold MilesVO2 Max MilesCrosstraining milesTotal Miles

3 miles - too much pain - sigh

90 minutes elliptical

Adidas Boston Classic #8 Miles: 3.00
Comments
From Bec on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:06:23 from 76.23.55.210

:( I have a feeling you will be ready despite this trial.

From Smooth on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:09:58 from 174.23.201.210

SSF ~ We were all so concerned about you! We know that you will do fine at Boston! No stress, no worries! Sending loving thoughts and healing vibes your way! Love you and MISS YOU terribly! You want me to come help you study or clean house or something next week?

From Kathie on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:18:45 from 63.248.105.188

We thought about you a lot on the run today. Did you feel the love? It was around 7:30-8:00. You will be great I know!

From Teena Marie on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:20:14 from 174.52.45.85

Thanks Bec! Just a quick question: generally speaking, how accurate are your gut feelings? (Lie to me, if you have to.) :)

SSF, Hi! I thought about you and your running group all morning. I got your message late last night, but thought it would be too late to call. Also, I had no idea if I would even be able to run.

Everyone keeps telling me that I will be fine at Boston. Many days my gut tells me the same thing. This morning I was so excited to take the leg for a test spin and was confident that it was going to go well. Ry went with me, and the first 15 or so strides I felt zero pain. I thought, "Yes!!!" But as soon as I thought that the pain came on. Within a couple of minutes it really elevated. I slowed way down and tried to change my form to see if it would help. No luck. We then came home and put my orthotics in, still no luck. So I hopped on the boring elliptical. I have no idea what to think, SSF.

I love you.

From Teena Marie on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:21:48 from 174.52.45.85

Kathie -- It's all of your guys' love that keeps me from breaking down in tears!!! :) (Seriously.) Thank you!

From Smooth on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:32:25 from 174.23.201.210

SSF ~ Have your PT boss or dr. take another look at it. The inflammation should be gone by now. Thinking about the pain could bring it on. I'm glad Ry ran with you! Just chill from now 'till Boston. We still have 9 days for the legs to heal. I will pray my hardest for you! No worries! You will be fine! Just think of the fun we will have together!

Here's my thinking about the pain. My pain always come on right about mile 2.5 and could last up to mile 6. Andy told me that it might be because of blood increase to the area. He calls it training pain, not injury pain, though. So anyhow, I think the warm up miles need to be super slow and then pick up the pace gradually. Not sure if this even help. I LOVE YOU!

From Teena Marie on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:40:01 from 174.52.45.85

SSF- I will try anything. Ry and I started REALLY slow. It was like a 10 minute first mile. I know that it is getting better ... just not as fast as I would like it too. But I can tell that I am making progress because my daily activities are almost pain free. Hopefully they will continue to improve. I love you. Thank you for the prayers and love.

From Snoqualmie Ridge Runner on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:47:45 from 24.16.49.114

Sometimes we don't get what we want...Sad to hear about the leg...let's look at the big picture here...You have an Awesome Family! Tons of good friends...Whatever happens, happens...keep the faith Sister!

From Tom Slick on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 15:52:07 from 172.190.31.130

"TM", missed seing you this morning, but not to worry, you were the top og the conversation. Woman, don't run another step till Sunday afternoon in Boston. You will not suffer losing a step of your game if you take this long break....matter of fact if you take the break you will will give you injury the uninterupted time to "Heal".Be sure to take a big tube of IcyHot or absorbine Jr. and use it liberally before the race and during the race. Good luck woman, I hope you've the where with all to do whats right before now and race day...........LOL

From Maurine/Miles on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 16:05:09 from 97.117.77.234

What's wrong with your leg? I'd better go catch up.

From Teena Marie on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 16:25:37 from 174.52.45.85

Jefferey: You are right. I know that I have a super super super great life. Everything always works out somehow or another. Anyway ... thanks for the reminder. :)

Slick: I am trying SO SO SO hard to be a good girl. Really. I have only run 3.5 miles in 14 days. You can't tell me that is not being good. I am really trying. :)

Maurine: Just my silly leg acting up again. Depending which doctor/PT you ask it is either: anterior compartment syndrome, a stress fracture, shin splints, or tendonitis. All I know is that it stinkin' hurts. :( How are you???

From Rhett on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 18:02:39 from 74.32.219.227

Take Slicks advice. Don't even test it out again until you're in Boston and if that elliptical is hurting it at all, stop doing that too. Can they give you a cortisone shot or anything that would take the pain away?

From Andy on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 19:16:06 from 198.60.114.178

It should be feeling better. I am a little concerned now. Your first time at Boston is all about having fun and is a reward. Don't worry about anything but going and having a good time.

From cheryl on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 19:29:56 from 67.166.68.69

I agree, no more running until the marathon. How does it feel to pool run? If no pain, that's what I'd do. Whatever you can do without pain, do that, and don't run, no matter how much you're tempted!!

From MarcE on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 22:49:20 from 206.225.68.162

Oh, Teena..sigh..I really, really, really feel for you. I know how much you've been through in the last couple of years..you always seem to find a way to pull through, and with flying colors. Take all the great advice above..you're among a ton of friends! See you in a week.

From RivertonPaul on Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 23:16:18 from 75.169.11.31

Wow, just look at all the Love for Teena. Get better.

From RAD on Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 00:33:53 from 67.172.229.125

Sending sweet thoughts, love and prayers your way for a FUN and happy Boston! I'd agree with the general consensus - NO MORE RUNNING! (until Boston).

From Teena Marie on Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 11:29:00 from 174.52.45.85

Rhett -- Hi! I am trying so hard to be a good girl. The elliptical doesn't really cause any pain. What does cause pain is walking all around campus every day and allowing the fluid to build up as my legs hang down in class hour after hour. Sadly, those things have to be done. I try to prop up my foot whenever possible though. I am starting to have second thoughts about Boston, I am trying to fight them off, but they are there.

Andy -- You are right. You always are. :) But dang ... I really had my heart set on running my strongest (not necessarily fastest) race ever. It's like a big shot to the heart. But it's all part of the game right. It will pass, just like it did last year. :)

Cheryl -- I will try out the pool running again tomorrow. If I can get the KT tape to stick well enough to minimize the extention in my foot then there is zero pain in the pool. Thank you so much for checking in on me. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. Kelli is always telling me how nice and genuine you are. Thank you so much.

Hey Marc!!! :) Friends are good -- that is for SURE!!!! I really thought I had my training figured out this time. I had zero pain until 2 weeks ago -- zero!!! STINK!!!!

Paul -- Thanks!!!! That is the best part about the blog, in my opinion: all of the friendship and support that we offer each other. Love feeling the love!!! :)

Thanks Rachel!!! I am trying to stay optimistic about Boston. Your cheerfulness helps!! :)

From DonGardinero on Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 15:35:01 from 75.162.190.158

Oh Teena Marie, I'm really bummed out about this injury. I know you have worked so stinkin' hard and now this happens right before Boston. If I were fast enough to BQ, I would go and we could run it slowly together and take it all in.

From Teena Marie on Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 16:07:58 from 174.52.45.85

Thanks Dale! You are always so nice.

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):
Recent Comments: